*** IMPORT ***
The Back to Reality selections were originally recorded as side projects during Cook’s work for Halfmoon. These offerings remain as fresh today as when they were originally recorded. The songs symbolize independence and a willingness to adapt, and having been on hold for so many years, are a timely addition to the present boogie and post- disco resurgence. “It’s bringing me back to where I left off in the early ’80s,” Cook muses, “and I feel fortunate to have had the chance to be a part of that era.” Nearly thirty years later, he is finally getting back to his reality.
Tony got his start as James Brown's drummer (while still a teenager) as soon as he graduated from school. He drummed off and on for James as well as Etta James, all the while recording his own music that sounded nothing like either artist.
Full-length unreleased anthology recorded 1982-1986. Unearthed by Peanut Butter Wolf. Includes the song “What's On Your Mind” feat. 2010 vocal by Dam-Funk.
1. Get To The Point (Ft. Vernon Cheely)
2. Later For Dancing (Ft. Tavell)
3. Video Rock (Ft. Tavell)
4. Heart Breaker (Ft. Vanessa Jean)
5. What’s On Your Mind (Ft. Dam-Funk)
6. Burn Me Up (Ft. Vernon Cheely)
7. The Weekend Life (Ft. Tavell)
8. The Rap (Ft. Tavell & The Kids)
9. Mighty Fine (Ft. Vanessa Jean)
10. On The Floor (Ft. The Party People)