*** IMPORT ***
Miles Away is the latest in releases to evolve from producer & arranger Madlib's first jazz releases with the group Yesterdays New Quintet.
As Yesterdays New Quintet dissolved in 2007 the collective was expanded under the name “Yesterdays Universe,” out which The Last Electro-Acoustic Space Jazz & Percus- sion Ensemble became the first to release music with Summer Suite (Stones Throw, 2007).
Miles Away is a jazz fusion album, produced & arranged by Madlib, which has been tweaked and revised for over two years when it was first announced.
About the packaging: Madlib’s Yesterdays Universe releases are heavily influenced by the culture of 60s-70s jazz vinyl, and the fine folks of Stones Throw Records have taken pains to present a true mini-gatefold LP-style package for the CD, with thick cardboard, a “tip-on” gatefold photo, and printed inner sleeve.
1. Derf (For Derf Reklaw)
2. One For The Monica Lingas Band
3. Horace (For Horace Tapscott)
4. Waltz For Woody (feat. Woody Shaw)
5. Shades Of Phil (For Phil Ranelin)
6. Black Renaissance (For Harry Whitaker)
7. Tones For Larry Young
8. Mystic Voyage (For Roy Ayers)
9. Two Stories For Dwight (For Dwight Trible)
10. The Trane & The Pharoah (For John Coltrane & Pharoah Sanders)